serves 4 / Source: from www.thekitchn.com
- 1 lbs green beans, washed and snapped in half
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes, or to taste
- 2 Roma tomatoes, chopped
- Olive oil
- 1 cup(s) white wine, water or chicken broth
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- Salt and pepper
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
- Wash and snap the green beans, then chop the onion and garlic.
- Heat a little olive oil in a heavy lidded pan and fry the onion and garlic gently over medium heat for about 10 minutes, or until they are soft.
- Add the red pepper and tomatoes and fry for another five minutes, gently.
- Add the green beans and wine/water/broth. Add a little water if it seems too dry. Bring to a boil over medium heat, then reduce to a simmer and cover.
- Cook for about 45 minutes, or until the beans are tender. Stir in the cinnamon, and season with salt and pepper. Serve with lemon wedges on the side.